Monday, November 29, 2010

Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird...

Well, actually instead of buy, I would make a mockingbird... Ummm not a mockingbird per se, maybe just a generic bird.

With a Lil' one on the way, I wanted to make a lot of the items in her room. One of those items being the mobile that would hang above her crib. I found these felt birds on Purl Soho's website and I fell in love with them, but didn't fall in love with the price of the kit to make them. So I decided that I can totally make them with a fraction of the price..and by golly, I was right! I went to the local craft store, bought felt, in two shades of green and pink (each $.29 each) and some embroidery floss and I set out to make those beautiful felt birds...and I have to say, they came out pretty much exactly like the ones on the website. Phew! So, all that's left is to find a cool looking stick at the park to hang the pretty birds on and then, the mobile is done! Judge for yourself..what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable and would make the perfect baby shower gift!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...