Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

YAY..my first Mother's Day!! This year I decided to create terrariums for the moms. Terrariums are gaining in popularity and with a few 'ingredients', you have yourself a beautiful piece of greenery that is easy to take care of.

I had made one last year and it's pretty much no fuss type of care. I hardly ever water it and it's thriving unbelievably. I was super happy with how it turned out and figured since you don't really need a green thumb to take care of it, it would be the perfect present for this year. To create one is easy. You need potting soil, charcoal, and plants. I chose a fern and another type of plant that the name seems to escape me but just ask at your local nursery and I'm sure they have a number of plants you can choose from. All it takes is a bit of layering...add your charcoal at the bottom of your container. The charcoal is meant for drainage as well as help remove impurities. After that, add your layer of soil then your plants. I also added moss and a few pebbles and sea glass, and voila! your terrarium is complete. For more information, check out this site: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...