Monday, March 4, 2013

Celebrating TWO! A DIY Birthday...

My apologies, it has been awhile since my last post. The past few weeks I had been busy coming up with ideas for Isabella's 2nd Birthday. I knew I was going to have an art party for her. She loves to draw and paint and simply..create. I based all her decorations on the colors: pink, yellow and light blue. I took the colors off of these pretty napkins my sister had purchased for me at Home Goods.

My first project was to re-create the everyday paper lantern. I had seen a picture on the mylittlejedi blog of paper lanterns for her son's 3rd birthday party. I, of course, said to myself, "Oh, I could make that." Next day, headed to the local craft store, and purchased 3 white paper lanterns and a 2 1/2" circle cutter.  At home, I gathered my hot glue gun and 3 shades of pink, blue and yellow. I figured out you can get about 12 circles per page and I used 6 pages of each shade...that's A LOT of circles. After I cut them out, I started from the bottom and worked my way up. Using the lighter of the colors first, I hot glued each circle onto the lantern, overlapping slightly. I created 3 rows of each color to create a sort of ombré effect. I was very happy with how they all turned out. I will continue to post the other DIY decorations I did for her birthday.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...